Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Holla at'cha suga! Suga COOKIES!




This sugar cookie mix has been burning a hole in my brain for a good 6 days now.  I found myself gazing out the window thinking about cookies, then sugar, then the little man standing on the pile of cookies on the box.  Yes, it got a little out of control but that's all over because they are now a reality!  The Cherrybrook Kitchen sugar cookie mix was on sale for about 4 bucks at my local health food store (worked out to be about $2 a dozen). The actual mix is Gluten Free, Peanut Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, & Nut Free...and they DON'T taste like crap!  How wonderful is that?  If you or anyone you know has any or all of these types of food allergies this mix is 100% recommended!  OR if you're on a diet: 1 cookie w/o the frosting is 0g fat and about 15g-18g of total carbs depending on how big you make them!  Not bad!  The back of the box calls for rice milk to keep it dairy free but I sub'd Fat Free Organic Milk because I'm good with dairy consumed in moderation.   

The store bought frosting scares me.  Way too many "unknown" ingredients so I made my own cream cheese vanilla frosting using butter, cream cheese, organic GF vanilla, and powdered sugar.  Someday I'll make them from scratch, but not today!!  I'd like to think of this as my Sandra Lee semi-homemade experiment.  Tiz the shizzy if I must say!  

3 comments:

KatBouska said...

Yum!!! These look great...and what are you some kind of professional froster-er. I'm hungry. Going to check them out now!!

momoftwinz said...

I want one...

You need a new header..I'll make it for ya.

gfe--gluten free easily said...

Lovely cookies and, I agree, you are a great froster! :-) Personally, I don't use mixes much, but Cherrybrook Kitcen is helpful to many with its mixes that are so free of allergens and are tasty. Love your homemade frosting--that's a classic, naturally gluten-free recipe (my fave, of course)! BTW, semi-homemade is good--that's what I should have called my Rolo turtles. :-)

Shirley